Information for Early Childhood Education / Allied Health
Early Childhood Teachers, is your day completely overloaded already?
Having difficulty with managing challenging behaviours?
Concerned about the children who are arriving at school without basic skills?
Are the children having trouble with their handwriting, pencil grips?
We hear you! Animal Fun has been designed to address some of your concerns without adding stress to your workload.
- Easy to follow and implement.
- Evidence based – proven results.
- Fun for you as well as the children.
- Flexible delivery – can be structured learning or embedded into existing curriculum.
- Helps to meet curriculum and quality guidelines.
- More time for teaching – less behaviour management.
- Enhance your leadership skills and become the Animal Fun Champion.
- Provides great ideas for sharing the program and knowledge with parents.
- Look forward to each day in a happy, responsive, and productive classroom.
- Take pride in the positive impact this program will have on the children.
Animal Fun was designed by physiotherapists, occupational therapists and psychologists from Curtin University in Perth, Western Australia. The effectiveness of the program is supported by findings from a 3-year randomised controlled trial. Children who participated in Animal Fun activities for just 10 weeks showed significant improvement in motor skills and in social skills.
Read our peer reviewed published papers.
Kindy teacher, Laura Fox-Woodford, discusses how she uses the Animal Fun Program and the benefits for the children in her classroom.
If you are an Occupational Therapists or a Physiotherapist who works with young children in clinic or consults at primary schools, Animal Fun is a great resource for you too. Make therapy FUN and engaging for the kids and use the program to help upskill teachers and parents.
"Absolutely, hands down, the only motor program I recommend for the early years. Easy to implement as well as evidence based. Programs such as Animal Fun are vital to future academic success, physical health and mental wellbeing".
- Berry Johnston, Occupational Therapist, Lil Peeps OT For Kids.
Berry Johnston, a Paediatric Occupational Therapist, talks about Animal Fun.
Whilst the program has been written to allow for independent implementation – some Professional Development is useful to ensure that you maximise your purchase.
We have three levels of support:
- e-learning Course - 16 short lessons, work at your own pace.
- Online PD Workshops (scheduled periodically using Webex) - 2 hours live online workshop. Join in the comfort of your own home
- Face to Face PD - 2 hours (shorter versions available if time is tight) at your workplace at a time convenient for you. In-depth review of the program, fun and interactive.
View our upcoming events & workshops, or contact us to arrange a private workshop – Online or Face to Face for your staff.